University of Oregon technology strategy council and groups
The University of Oregon employs a set of groups to advise and direct the strategic use of technology at the university.
The Campus Technology Council (CTC), the University's primary body for strategic direction and oversight of technology services, is informed by:
- Services and Operations Advisory Group
- IT Directors
- Educational Technology Steering Committee
- Research Cyberinfrastructure Advisory Group
See Technology Advisory Councils and Groups for more information on technology strategy.
Other Campuswide groups
- DeptComp, the university's community of IT professionals
- Site License Advisory Group
- Allen Hall Data Center Steering Committee
Within Information Services
Information Services has two key teams internal to the department:
- I.S. Leadership Team (chair: Melissa Woo) provides strategic direction for Information Services (IS) in order to ensure that information technology services are aligned with the mission and goals of the University, and to lead the appropriate application and implementation of IS strategic direction.
- I.S. Operations Team (chair: Patrick Chinn) will build and maintain collaborations/communications between Information Services (IS) operational areas and help improve IT service management and delivery.
New Service Proposals
For an explanation on submitting a new service proposal, see How to Propose a New Service.