The University of Oregon is in the process of transitioning to a robust new application for room and event scheduling known as EMS.
EMS will replace Resource 25 and 25Live starting on January 1, 2019.
The first phase of this project will focus on the following units that are currently using R25 to enter data:
- Registrar's Office
- Ford Alumni Center
- Lundquist College of Business
This project is currently the topmost priority for Information Services. Here is the planned timeline for Phase 1 (revised Dec. 5):
- Dec. 14 at 5pm: R25 will be frozen and will no longer take in data
- Dec. 17: EMS will launch
If you're currently using R25 to enter data and you're not in one of the above units, please contact project manager Garron Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting in January, phase 2 will focus on other users across campus who may be using R25 to view data. Details will be provided later.
Project Leadership Group
Garron Hale is the Information Services project manager for this transition. A group of representatives from across campus is helping lead the project:
- Mike Kraiman, EMU (leading the project's Events Group)
- Sarah Strickler, Registrar's Office (leading the project's Academic Group)
- Shawn Kahl, Ford Alumni Center
- Frank Sharpy, Lundquist College of Business
- Derek Wormdahl, Information Services (leading the project's Technical Group)
Why Retire R25? Why choose EMS?
The university sought a room and event scheduling application that would serve campus as a whole. EMS was chosen by a procurement committee forbest meeting the university's needs.
Learn more at Around the O: Software update underway for event and room scheduling (Nov. 16, 2018).
We will be providing additional information as this project progresses.
If you have any questions about EMS or this transition, please contact project manager Garron Hale at email@example.com.